Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Curious

She thought she was pregnant. At least, I assume she thought she was pregnant. Actually, I'm not sure what she was thinking, and I don't think I know what I'm thinking.

The appointment went like this:

A younger woman, 16, walks into my office and asks to get an abortion. I perform the regular check-ups and procedures used in my line of business, and I finally tell her, in a very confused tone of voice. "Excuse me, miss, but you don't seem to be pregnant."

"Oh really?"

Her expression was blank. My expression turned blank. This was augmented by the fact that my equipment was disconnected somehow and the screens went blank (although, this actually didn't add much considering there was no fetus on the screen to begin with).

She just left. I didn't bother asking her for any form of money for the procedures, because this left me so completely baffled that I just didn't care about money. I guess I just get some sick satisfaction of recording such an occurrence here.

No comments: